Want good coffee on a budget? If you crave quality coffee in the morning, you don’t have to break the bank for a fancy coffee machine.
We’ve reviewed and tested the 11 best coffee makers under $ 100, so you can have the best coffee without overspending. These are our picks for the best coffee maker under 100 USD.
Our Top Pick: Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12 Cup
- Classic brushed metal design with a 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle for comfortable, dripless pouring. BPA free
- Brew pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before brewing has finished. Adjustable heater plate (low, medium, high) ensures that your coffee stays at the temperature you like best
- 24-hour advance brew start, programmable auto shutoff from 0 to 4 hours plus a 1- to 4-Cup feature when making less than 5 cups
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter that ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop. Instruction book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards. Charcoal water filter (removes impurities) and dimension(LxWxH) is 7.75 inches x 9.00 inches x 14.00 inches
With this coffee maker, you’ll be smelling a fresh brew before you even get out of bed. The Cuisinart DCC-1200 is a 12-cup carafe made of BPA-free brushed metal. The black and chrome design has a retro appeal to it and looks elegant on your kitchen counter.
The Cuisinart DCC-1200 features a dishwasher-safe glass carafe. The carafe’s dripless pouring spout allows you to pour your coffee without wasting a drop. There won’t be any more messes on the counter after pouring.
The brew-pause feature is a game-changer if you’re in a hurry. You don’t have to wait for the whole carafe to brew before enjoying a cup of coffee. Pause brewing long enough to pour yourself a cup, then resume.
The maker’s heater plate is adjustable, with three leat levels to help your coffee maintain an ideal temperature.
This coffee maker boasts some programmable features to streamline your morning routine. The programmable brew start allows you to set your machine to brew up to 24 hours in advance. Wake up to the smell of coffee and enjoy your morning cup immediately.
The programmable auto-shutoff feature can be set for up to 4 hours. You don’t have to worry about forgetting to shut off your machine when you leave the house. It’s automated!
- No drip pouring
- Programmable brewing in the morning is a game-changer
- “Done brewing” alarm is loud and startling
- Reviewers have said that customer support is unsatisfactory when you need repairs or replacement
More Top Picks for the Best Coffee Maker Under 100
Our Top Pick
|Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Silver||Check Price|
Best for Single-Cup Brewing
|Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker, Single-Serve and 12-Cup Pot, Stainless Steel (49980A), Carafe||Check Price|
Best Drip Coffee Maker
|Braun KF6050WH BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker, White||Check Price|
|Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker, Black||Check Price|
Best for a Big Brunch Party
|Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker, 14 Cup Progammable with Glass Carafe, Stainless Steel||Check Price|
Best Maker for Quick Brewing
|BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black||Check Price|
Best for Single-Cup Brewing
|Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker, Fast Brewing, Stainless Steel (49981A)||Check Price|
Best Grind and Brew
|KRUPS KM550D50 Personal Café Grind Drip Maker Coffee Grinder, 4 cups, Silver||Check Price|
Best Alternative to a Keurig Coffee Maker
|Cuisinart DCC-3000P1 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker Coffeemaker, Black||Check Price|
Best for Flavor Extraction
|Bonavita 8 Cup Coffee Maker, One-Touch Pour Over Brewing with Thermal Carafe, SCA Certified, Stainless Steel (BV1900TS)||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew Trio 2-Way Single Serve Coffee Maker & Full 12c Pot, Compatible with K-Cup Pods or Grounds, Combo, Black||Check Price|
A detailed look at the best coffee maker under 100
Best for Single-Cup Brewing- Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
- 2 WAYS TO BREW: SINGLE CUP OR FULL POT. Brew a single-serve cup or a full pot of coffee with your favorite ground coffee. Whichever way you brew, the Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker makes it easy to do both. Not compatible with K-Cup pods
- SIMPLE SINGLE-CUP BREWING — DOESN'T USE K-CUP PODS. Brew a cup for one using loose ground coffee (not compatible with K-Cup pods). With the included mesh scoop, adding your favorite ground coffee couldn’t be easier: just scoop, place and brew
- PEACE OF MIND WITH 2 HOUR AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. How many times have you walked out the door, only to wonder: did I turn the coffee maker off. Now there's no worry or turning around to check, since the coffee maker turns off automatically after 2 hours
- PROGRAMMABLE FOR WAKE-UP READY COFFEE. Program the Hamilton Beach coffee maker with the time you want to start brewing, fill with water and add ground coffee. When you wake up, coffee will be hot and ready to drink. Not compatible with K-Cup pod
- CHOOSE YOUR BREW STRENGTH WITH SELECT-A-BREW. Control how strong you want your coffee with two brew options: regular and bold. Choose Regular for standard medium-grind coffee, or go Bold for decaf, finer grind or a premium roast brand for richer flavor
- USE YOUR FAVORITE TRAVEL CUP OR MUG. Mugs not included
- "Pod Basket" is not included.
Brew a single cup or a whole pot: it’s your choice! The Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker has two settings so that you can make the perfect amount of coffee for both a weekend brunch or your morning commute.
The single-cup brewing feature for this coffee maker doesn’t require a Keurig K-Cup pod. Unsteady, the maker includes a mesh scoop the perfect size for a single serving of coffee. Simply scoop your ground coffee, place the scoop in the filter reservoir, and brew.
Have you ever left the house and been halfway to work before you remember to turn off the coffee pot? Put that gut-clenching worry in the past. The Hamilton Beach 2-Way has a 2-hour automatic shutoff. No worries about leaving the coffee pot on all day.
Wake up to a fresh pot of coffee with programmable automatic brewing time. Coffee will be ready as soon as you get up in the morning. The select-a-brew feature also allows you to choose the strength of your coffee.
- Versatile. Full pot or single-cup brewing
- Auto shutoff
- No need for K-Cups for single-serving brewing
- Slow brewing for single-cup
Best Drip Coffee Maker- Braun KF6050WH BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker
- The perfect cup of coffee: Braun’s pure flavor technology ensures your coffee is made at the right temperature and brewing time to extract the best coffee flavor and aroma. Expect excellent results, whether you brew a full pot or choose the 1–4 cup setting
- Wake up to a fresh pot: A programmable 24-hour timer means your coffee will be ready when you are. The auto shutoff feature will turn it off automatically. And the easy-to-read clock is visible from anywhere in your kitchen
- Rich flavor anytime: The brew pause system lets you pour a cup anytime during the brew cycle without dripping. Plus, the 12 cup flavor carafe seals in the fresh flavor by minimizing air exposure
- Your coffee your way: A unique water level indicator lets you brew an 11-ounce mug or up to 12 cups of coffee
- Smarter by design: The sleek, elegant design features a smaller footprint, lower profile, easy-access control panel and convenient cord storage
- Pure pleasure with every sip: The Braun gold-tone filter, unlike paper, enhances the flavor of your coffee by allowing essential oils to reach your cup. A charcoal filter purifies brewing water, and a cleaning feature can be customized to different water hardness levels
The Braun BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker is an elegant addition to your kitchen with stainless steel and a white finish. Enjoy multiple options in coffee quantity. You can brew a full pot or use the 1-4 cut setting if you only need enough coffee for a few people.
Several features ensure a fresh, flavorful brew every time. The reusable gold-tone filter allows essential oils to flavor your coffee, unlike paper filters. A charcoal filter purifies water before brewing, and the FlavorCarafe is well-sealed and lowers air exposure for maximum freshness.
The programmable 24-hour timer brews your coffee automatically. Simply add grounds and water the night before, and you’ll wake up to your coffee brewing the following day. Worry-free auto-shutoff turns off the machine automatically, so you don’t have to. The brew-pause feature allows you to pour coffee at any point during the brew cycle. Pause, pour, and resume.
- Elegant design
- Versatile brewing options. Brew full pot or single cup
- Filters and FlavorSeal carafe ensure maximum freshness
- Programmable features reset if you unplug the machine
- Dribbles while pouring, according to reviews
Most Affordable- Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab a cup auto pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill no more overflows
- Lift and clean filter basket for fast and easy clean up
- Easy cord storage eliminates counter clutter. Watts: 900
- Cord length: 26 inches
- Height: 12.56 inches x width: 11.76 inches x depth: 8.43 inches. Weight: 3.6 pounds
For coffee-lovers on a budget, the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker is an ideal pick. It may not have the more luxurious automated features as other coffee makers on this list, but it still puts its best foot forward if you want a coffee maker that won’t break your bank.
Mr. Coffee’s indicator light lets you know that the pot is turned on. There is a water window with marks so that you know how many cups of water you’ve poured into the reservoir. The auto pause feature allows you to pour before brewing is finished. The filter basket is easy to remove from the machine and easy to clean.
- Cheaper than other drip-coffee machines
- Easy to clean
- The heating element only lasts about 3-6 months, according to reviews
- Auto pause feature takes a moment to stop brewing and a few drops of coffee sizzle on the hot plate
Best for a Big Brunch Party- Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker
- State-of-the-art technology to ensure hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control
This coffee maker comes with brew strength control. Whether you like your coffee regular or bold, you can set your Cuisinart Perfectemp Coffee maker to your preferred strength. Make hotter coffee without sacrificing quality. The brewing cycle has a 60-second reset. In the event of a loss of power, this coffee machine resumes brewing at the same settings as before the outage.
The programmable features of this coffee maker include an automatic 24-hour timer so that you can schedule your coffee to be ready in the morning and an auto-shutoff that can be set up to 4 hours ahead. This unit is also self-cleaning, which saves a lot of time and effort for you.
The Cuisinart Perfectemp is big enough to make 14 cups for a large party but also has a 1-4 cup setting for family or individual use.
- Brews quickly
- Includes permanent gold-tone filter
- Coffee drips and spills while pouring
- The warming plate corrodes pretty quickly
Best Maker for Quick Brewing- BUNN GRB Velocity Brew
- Fastest 10-Cup Home Coffeemaker brews a full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes
- An always hot internal hot water is ready to brew hot coffee on deman. Item dimensions is 14.8 high x 7.1 wide x 13.8 deep inch. Note-replace sprayhead and brew funnel. Pour additional carafes of fresh, cold water into the brewer as needed until water has no vinegar smell or tasted
- Exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe preventing a mess on cup or counter
- Multi-stream spray head showers hot water evenly over the coffee grounds
- Large flat bottom filter and funnel allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction
- Brews 4 to 10 cups (20 to 50 ounce). 3-year warranty
- Backed by BUNN customer service in Springfield, Illinois
- Based on internal testing of BUNN Speed Brew/ Velocity Brew coffeemakers to other similar coffeemakers
The BUNN GRB Velocity Brew’s best feature is its quick brewing. It can brew a full pot of coffee in 3 minutes. Water in the reservoir is always hot and ready to brew.
The Velocity Brew’s 10 cup carafe features a drip-proof spout designed to arc the pour so that it all goes into the cup and not on your counter. The spray head has multiple streams so that hot water is evenly distributed on the coffee grounds. The filter has a flat bottom, which allows for ideal flavor extraction since the hot water is in contact with more of the grounds.
- Fast brewing
- Spray head and filter design allow for more flavor extraction
- You have to leave the coffee pot on all the time for fast brewing
Best for Single-Cup Brewing- Hamilton Beach Scoop Single-Serve
- Brew your own ground coffee with single-serve scoop filter.
- Fast brewing: Brew an 8-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds and a 14-ounce travel mug in under 2.5 minutes.
- Flexible: Uses a mesh scoop filter so it can be brewed with your choice of coffee grounds.
- Custom cup: Brews a single-serve cup to your liking with regular (automatic drip) and bold options.
- Durable: Designed with durable, easy-to-clean stainless steel to ensure longevity. Built-in stand for coffee mugs.
- Great features: Features automatic shutoff after brewing, a spill-resistant drip tray and more.
- Note: To prevent coffee overflows, fill coffee grounds to the lowest line on the scoop filter and do not overfill. Be careful not to over grind coffee beans, as very finely ground coffee can cause overflows. For a stronger cup of coffee, select the bold setting and use a medium grind size that's appropriate for a standard automatic drip coffee maker. This unit will not brew without water in the water reservoir, even if the brew button is pushed.
The Hamilton Beach Scoop Single-Serve allows you to brew a single cup of coffee in under 3 minutes. Choose between two size options: 8 ounces and 14 ounces. You can also choose between regular and bold options.
Save money on your single-serve coffee. With the Hamilton Beach Scoop Single-serve, you won’t have to spend money on Keurig K-Cups anymore. The coffee scoop for this coffee maker is mesh and also serves as the filter. Get the perfect amount of grounds for your serving without pre-made pods.
This coffee maker also has an automatic shut-off after brewing, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally leaving the appliance on. That’s one fewer thing you have to remember to do on a busy morning.
- Scoop is also the filter. No need for K-Cups
- Brews single cup in 3 minutes
- The machine doesn’t last very long, breaking down over time
- Reviewers have noted a smell and taste of plastic after brewing
Best Grind and Brew- KRUPS KM550D50 Personal Cafe Grind Drip Maker
- GRIND AND BREW: grinds whole coffee beans to release delicious aroma and automatically brews for the freshest taste
- BREW WHOLE BEAN OR PRE-GROUND COFFEE: can either grind and brew whole coffee beans or brew pre-ground coffee
- POWERFUL STAINLESS STEEL BURR GRINDER: premium flat burr grinder with 2 settings for coarse or fine grind to suit your favorite coffee beans type. Can easily grind oily and flavored beans
- EASY TO CLEAN & DISHWASHER SAFE: Designed for easy cleaning when needed - all parts in contact with coffee can be disassembled and cleaned in a dishwasher
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: stainless steel permanent filter, KRUPS coffee scoop, cleaning brush, and glass coffee pot with fill water mark indicators
This Krups Personal Cafe Grind Drip Maker grinds whole coffee beans for the freshest cup of coffee. Having a coffee maker that grinds the beans moments before brewing releases all of the flavor potential of your morning brew. The coffee grinder has coarse and fine settings for grinding your beans to your preference.
The KRUPS Grind Drip Maker is versatile. You can brew using whole beans with the grind feature or use pre-ground coffee instead.
This unit is dishwasher-safe. All of the parts of the coffee makers that come into contact with coffee can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Freshness and maximum flavor from grinder feature
- Dishwasher safe
- High maintenance. Need to wash after every use
Best Alternative to a Keurig Coffee Maker- Cuisinart DCC-3000P1 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- Dispenses one cup at a time with an easy-to-use actuator.
- Dispenser light comes on when you press the lever to fill your cup
- Removable water reservoir, drip tray under coffee dispenser and coffee reservoir for easy cleanup
- Double-wall coffee reservoir holds twelve 5 oz. cups of coffee
- Fully programmable with 24-hour advance brew start, programmable auto shutoff, self clean, and 1–4 cup setting Easy-to-read Coffee Gauge lets you know how many cups of coffee are left
- Includes: Permanent gold-tone basket-style filter and Charcoal water filter
- Cord length : 27 Inches; Unit Dimensions: 11. 25"(L) x 8. 75"(W) x 14. 7"(H)
- Included Components: Hot Beverages;Coffee Machines;Drip Coffeemakers
The Cuisinart Programmable Coffeemaker is an excellent alternative to the Keurig 55. It brews one cup at a time from a large reservoir so that you don’t have to add water every time you make a new cup.
According to the product description on Amazon, the reservoir holds enough water for twelve 5-ounce cups of coffee. The Coffee Gauge displays how many cups of coffee are left in the tank. The water reservoir is double-walled and removable so that you can fill it from the tap rather than making a mess pouring water in.
This unit comes with a programmable 24-hour brew timer, auto shutoff, and self-cleaning feature. A gold-tone reusable filter and a charcoal water filter ensure that your water is pure and your coffee is flavorful.
- Removable water tank
- Reusable gold-tone filter
- Doesn’t brew 12 cups from one full tank. According to reviews, a “cup” is a standard 8 oz., as opposed to the advertised 5 oz.
- Difficult to keep clean
Best for Flavor Extraction- Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°f (91°-96°c)
- Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground Coffee to allow DEGASSING before brewing
- Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction
- Durable Stainless Steel lined thermal carafe. Double walled Stainless Steel thermal carafe
- All plastic is BPA-free
- Length: 12. 40" Width: 6. 80" Height: 12. 20"
Bonavita’s BV1900TS features a stainless steel double-walled thermal carafe to keep your coffee warm for longer. When the machine is done brewing, it automatically turns off.
This unit has a “pre-infusion” mode for optimal flavor extraction, which moistens the grounds before brewing to allow for degassing. The filter basket is flat-bottomed, and an advanced showerhead design allows for even saturation of the coffee grounds to bring all of the flavors to the forefront.
- Flavor extraction features
- Thermal carafe
- You have to clean it thoroughly to maintain coffee quality
Most Versatile- Hamilton Beach 49976 Flex Brew Trio 2-Way Single Serve Coffee Maker and Full 12c Pot
- 3-WAYS TO BREW: Brew up to 12 cups with ground coffee on the carafe side or use dual purpose single serving to brew a pod or ground coffee on the other. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options
- SINGLE-CUP COFFEE MAKER: Brew a cup with a K-Cup, pod, another pod brand, or ground coffee. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options and the cup rest removes so you can brew into a tall travel mug
- BREW A FULL POT OF COFFEE: This programmable coffee maker has Easy-Touch programming for wake-up ready coffee. After brewing, coffee stays warm for 2 hours and the power automatically shuts off. Auto Pause & Pour lets you pour a cup as coffee brews
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR BREW STRENGTH: Control how strong you want your coffee with Select-a-Brew: regular and bold brewing options
- 2 SEPARATE EASY-FILL WATER RESERVOIRS: Each brewing side on this Hamilton Beach coffee maker has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window, so you always know exactly how much water to add
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew has everything. The product description boasts three separate ways to brew using this versatile machine. It’s almost like having two coffee makers in one machine. The FlexBrew has two different water reservoirs, one for the 12-cup carafe and one for the single-serve coffee maker.
The full-pot maker can be programmed to automatically brew coffee for you in the morning and can hold up to 12 cups of coffee. A hot plate keeps the coffee warm for 2 hours after brewing and has an automatic shutoff so that you don’t have to worry about leaving the coffee maker on all day.
The single-cup unit, complete with a separate reservoir and grounds basket, is part of the same machine and provides even more versatile options for brewing. The single-cup coffee maker can brew using a K-Cup, another kind of pod, or your favorite ground coffee. The coffee maker comes with a single serving ground basket, so you don’t have to splurge on filters or pods.
- Customizable brew strength
- Brews more slowly than a Keurig machine
What to Look for in Your Coffee Maker
If you have your eye on a coffee maker not listed above, there are certain things you should look for in the product description. We find that the best coffee makers share some of the same qualities and features.
Types of Coffee + How Many Cups
Not all coffee drinkers have the same palate. Some coffee drinkers like a bit of variety in their brews. If that describes you, find a coffee pot with options for the strength of your brew. Lots of coffee makers have a regular setting and a bold setting.
How many cups do you want to be able to make at once? Most coffee maker carafes have a 12-cup capacity, though some can hold as many as 14. If you are on the lookout for a smaller coffee maker or a maker that brews single servings, there are plenty of options to choose from.
If you want a coffee pot that makes your morning routine effortless, make sure it has the following programmable features:
24-hour timer. This is a game-changer if you want your coffee first thing without any effort in the morning. Add the water and grounds the night before and program your morning pot of coffee to brew at a certain time. Wake up to the smell of your favorite brew and get your day started right.
Automatic shutoff. If you’ve ever been halfway to work and realized you didn’t turn off the coffee machine, you know the value of an automatic shutoff setting. You’ve got enough going on in your life without worrying about turning off your coffee maker when you’re done with it.
Thermal or Glass Carafe
Decide whether you prefer a carafe made of glass or a thermal stainless steel carafe. There are advantages to both. Coffee in a glass carafe stays warm thanks to a hot plate beneath it. A thermal carafe keeps the coffee warm through insulation, like a thermos.
Coffee on a hot plate stays hotter for longer, but the freshness diminishes the longer the coffee stays out. Thermal carafes don’t keep the coffee warm for as long, but it stays fresh for longer than on a hot plate.
Overall Design & Size
When choosing a coffee maker, consider how much room you have on your counter and what kind of aesthetic you are going for. Maybe you don’t mind having a beast of a coffee maker with a large footprint. On the other hand, you might want something that’s a little sleeker and doesn’t take up as much space.
Our favorite coffee maker and our top pick, the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12 Cup, has a dishwasher-safe glass carafe with a dripless pouring spout. Automatic and programmable features include a brew-pause feature, a 3-level adjustable heat plate, and a programmable 24-hour timer with auto-shutoff capabilities.
No matter your coffee preferences, there’s a coffee maker out there that checks all your boxes for the perfect cup of coffee. You don’t need to blow hundreds of dollars on a fancy coffee pot to have access to convenient and time-saving features, customizable heat and brew strength settings, and all the add-ons you need to craft a superior brew.